[olug] TTY problem

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Sun Apr 12 05:42:18 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Aric Aasgaard <aric at omahax.com> wrote:
> You're not supposed to use the screen and keyboard hooked to the host to
> work with guests.  I run xenserver boxes headless, they don't even need a
> video card.
> I am not saying that you can't do this with some hackery but it isn't how it
> is designed.

I think you're misunderstanding what he's trying to do.

> Use xencenter/putty/nomachine/rdp etc from a remote desktop to access the
> guests.

I'm pretty sure this is what he's referring to.  When he brings up
XenCenter and goes to the Console tab for a machine, he's not getting
a session he can access.  He can only get to the guest via ssh.

I actually ran into this same issue, or something very similar, a year
or two ago when working with Xen and moving guest images.
Unfortunately, it was at my previous job, so I don't have easy access
to my notes or configs to lookup how I resolved it.  I will poke
around and see if I can figure it out, though.

--
Christopher