[olug] OT

Aric aric at omahax.com
Sun Apr 5 02:27:52 UTC 2009

As far as Cox.

I have a single Motorola Surfboard 5101 with Cox Premier.

One will do a consistent 16-20ish mbit down and seems burst to about 26ish
mbit.
EG your favorite Linux distro torrent consistently at least 2 MByte per
second.

Lately though pass few weeks or so it seems to drops to about 12 mbit during
peak times.

It hard caps at about 1.6 mbit up but it snaps to that speed.  I think the
power boost up to 2mbit is only for a small fraction of a second so that it
appears that you have an instant 1.6 mbit.  IDK

......Dimmit you gave me wood hoping to find new speed tiers, I have had
this for 3 years.
I am still not happy that they nerf'd the free 4x512kbit news group access.

-Aric