[olug] [OT] IT degrees

Dan Anderson dan-anderson at cox.net
Fri Apr 3 07:53:21 UTC 2009

I'd go for the Cisco CCNA - It is a good entry level cert.

You can probably self-study with a couple books and a free simulator like gns3.

If you are in Omaha you can usually get a decent deal on the books at
the "Half Price Bookstore" by Hooters on Center.

Alternatively, you can get them via Safari (O'reilly) as I recall (you
used to be able to get a deal on Safari by joining the ACM).

Dan