[olug] Community Colo Project

Dan Clough dclough at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 20:44:03 UTC 2009

Being a legal entity (an LLC or an incorporated nonprofit) will allow
opening a bank account under the business name.  That'll greatly
simplify the financial aspect by funneling all the money through a
central account.  Easier to pay the bills, easier to bill clients,
easier all around.  Oh, and with an LLC, no one is personally liable.

Now comes the million-dollar question - nonprofit or LLC?  Nonprofit has
quite a few hurdles and requires large amounts of manpower and
oversight.  An LLC from what I understand is much easier to operate.