[olug] gparted crashed while resizing

Bill Eberly imjustabill at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 02:24:14 UTC 2008

I'm running a dual boot system, and needed some more room for my
windows partition. I deleted my linux partition and attempted to
resize my ntfs partition. About 75% of the way though, the partitioner
crashed (during the copying phase). I'm still able to manually mount
it, but a good chunk of data seems to be missing. I tried
ntfsundelete, but it can only find files on the old ntfs partition,
and I'm guessing the data I lost was copied to the other part of the
drive. Any suggestions on the best way to recover, if it's even
possible?