[olug] Ubuntu 8.10 RC X.Org Resolution problems

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Oct 31 22:03:08 UTC 2008

I'm in the same boat as you with the 8.10 + NVidia issues.  In mid-September
I finally got my NVidia cards working under 8.04 and it was really nice.  I
was using the NVidia binary drivers and life was good.  I even documented my
setup on this forum:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1814318

Unfortunately a week later I decided to help the world by running
8.10-beta.  And ever since then I can't get my legacy GeForce MX/400
working. :-(

I'm tempted to give NVidia another week to get their 8.10 issues
straightened out, then down-grade to 8.04 again.  I don't have much reason
to stick with 8.10 that isn't available in 8.04, so it's an option to me.

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal