[olug] Ubuntu 8.10 RC X.Org Resolution problems

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 13:23:21 UTC 2008

I just did an install two weeks ago with openSUSE 11 for someone with
a legacy Nvidia card an an Athlon XP.  It worked great.  It isn't
Debian based, but I tend to contend that openSUSE has the best
packages out there because of all the Novell programmers out there
writing patches, back-porting features, etc.  It is extremely
newbie-friendly, and Yast is a great tool.  They have a solid Gnome
desktop (though I'm all about KDE).  You can also try using the Gnome
accessibility tools within KDE if you so desired.

-- T. J.