[olug] OT: evil poll

Hurley Rod RHurley at TENASKA.com
Thu Oct 30 12:51:27 UTC 2008

Old AGE?  Please.  If you were an insurance adjuster, in no way would
you give that man a life insurance policy.  My wife worked 5 years in
head and neck oncology.  Do you know what his odds are of making it to
inauguration day?  He has had 4 (YES 4) melanoma bouts.  Melanoma is one
of the most deadly cancers out there.  And he has a swollen (and she
says there's a very good chance more than just swollen) parotid gland.
It's not hard to see, since it's the size of a huge chaw of tobacco.
That's the reality of it. For posterity sake I don't think he should be
compared to my granddad who died at 96 picking beans in his half acre
garden.  So yes, you ARE voting for Sarah if you vote for him.  Like
Sarah, I think being president would be super neato, and golly gee would
I love to give it the old college try, but ummm...reality says it will
take more than just willpower to run this show.

Myself, I am voting for a man who can move this country, who motivates
people to stand up and be counted, get off our butts and get the ball
rolling again.  Obama has enthusiasm (not unlike Sarah) but with focused
enthusiasm, not the rogue, "be-like-me-or-be-tortured" kind.  This
country is too diverse to be treated like a can of condensed soup.

Rod

P.S.  This started out as 2 sentences.  It's too easy to get caught up
in what's important to you.