[olug] (sorta OT) Splitting a dual layer DVD ISO to multiple single layer DVD/CDs

Irish irish.masms at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 14:39:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 8:19 AM, John Hobbs <john at velvetcache.org> wrote:
[snip]
> Possibly you could dd off one DVD's worth, burn it, move it, dd off the
> other DVD's worth, burn it, move it and then cat them together to get an ISO
> on the other machine.  But I'm guessing you are doing a fresh distro
> install, so that prob. wont work (maybe with a business card distro though?)
>
> Or you could just find a dual layer dvd player and temporarily install it
> :-)
>
> - John Hobbs
[snipped]

Sadly, the OS X 10.5 ISO that we downloaded from our software folks is
intended for a dual layer DVD. Though the thought of DDing a single
layer DVDs worth of the ISO might work. I am looking to upgrade a
Powerbook G4 that is running 10.4...

Thanks for the thought!

--
Timothy G. O'Brien, CISSP, GSEC, NSA-IAM

Irish dot MASMS at gmail dot com
HTTP://www.linkedin.com/in/obrientg

[snipped - FAQ for email trimming: http://kimihia.org.nz/articles/email/]
Discussion Groups: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/discussion-groups.html
Discussion List Etiquette: http://www.acfichapter.com/subscribe.htm
Properly Formatted Email Replies for the Lazy:
http://email.about.com/cs/netiquettetips/qt/et052704.htm
Mailing List Etiquette FAQ:
http://www.gweep.ca/~edmonds/usenet/ml-etiquette.html
and of course the all knowing Google:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mailing+list+etiquette
A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?