[olug] OT: ASUS M3N78 Pro mbd question

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 23:54:37 UTC 2008

I only wish there was a shop nearby that would let me test the RAM, but I'm currently in Sioux City and that's not going to happen.  I can't think of anyone who will let me plug my RAM into their system, and who happens to be running DDR2 1066....
I've tried 2 different sticks of RAM in all 4 slots, and 2 different power supplies.  Same behavior.
Just to see what would happen, I plugged a fan into the only fan header that is NOT speed-adjusted by the motherboard; it stayed running.  This board isn't supposed to turn the fans off completely, but slow them down.  Given that they're stopping altogether a few seconds into POST I'll return the motherboard first.. I was so looking forward to running the 9950 CPU this week....

 I ran the Harry Potter books through a spell checker; none of those spells should work.