[olug] OT: ASUS M3N78 Pro mbd question

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 21:59:27 UTC 2008

HI all,
I'm stuck on a new system build, just got the system assembled but it won't complete POST.  I get to BIOS splash screen and it stops there.
The config is an ASUS M3N78 Pro, 9950 Phenom X4, and 2GB Patriot DDR2 1066 RAM....
Unfortunately, this mbd has NO speaker built into it to give me a POST beep, so removing RAM, etc has been tried to no avail.
Oh, and one more symptom: just after power on, all fans connected to the motherboard stop (this includes CPU and front case fan).  The heatsink is large enough to not cause immediate problems, but it sure can't run that way...
The PSU is an 880w (average load, max is 1000).

Figured I'd check here as I'm seeing no response from ASUS; may be an RMA where I request a different manufacturer..

 I ran the Harry Potter books through a spell checker; none of those spells should work.