[olug] [OT] Small Office Switch Recomendation

Shawn Mattingly smattin at mimezine.org
Fri Oct 24 00:21:57 UTC 2008

Nope, it runs pretty cool...at least the older 2940 version does, we
have a couple of them in our smaller district offices and underwriters.
Haven't tried the newer one yet.  I'm interested in the gigabit model
for home.  The PoE one has heatsink fins sticking out the back so I'm
guessing that might be a different story.

Here's a cheesy talking head to tell you about them:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/product_data_sheet0900aecd806d5717.html

Shawn