[olug] Keeping digital backup copies [Was: DVD Ripping]

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 16:15:52 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Sam Tetherow <tetherow at shwisp.net> wrote:

> If we are talking about movies, you do not even have the right to rip in
> the first place, even if you keep (own) the physical media.
>
>    Sam  Tetherow
>    Sandhills Wireless

Although read by everyone already undoubtedly, and possibly already posted
to list:

http://xkcd.com/488/

... And... I'm unsure about being able to make a backup of movies or not.
 Did they ever figure out fair use / backup stuff vs having to break the
encryption ?  Is there linkage about such a decision ?

-Will