[olug] SSD write durability in production use

Dan Anderson dan-anderson at cox.net
Thu Oct 16 18:29:09 UTC 2008

Look at the options from Texas Memory.

RAM->Flash should go pretty fast and give you a good backup (mitigating the
battery life issue).

I don't know anything about the gigabyte card or the WOW card you mention,
but if you can afford it you can get something that backs up to
flash (10,000+ backups) when the main power drops.

In this case you use your battery life just to write your backup to flash so
having 16 or 72 hours is overkill.

Dan