[olug] DVD Ripping

John Hobbs john at velvetcache.org
Thu Oct 16 16:19:15 UTC 2008

> ...The Last Starfighter

That movie was, yeah, I don't even have words.

A little bit back on topic here...why exactly are you so game on
trashing your discs?  I can see some value in security (disc rot,
scratches, etc.) but as far as being concerned about a ~30 second disc
swap on a 90 min movie, I mean, is that really an issue?  I guess I
can also see the value (read bragging rights/cool factor) in being
able to have a sweet interface vs. a bunch of discs.  Just curious why
you would want to pour another few hundred dollars (for HDD) into
essentially moving your movie collection around when you could just
buy more movies instead :-)

Not meant as a criticism, just food for thought and to see if there is
something I'm missing.

- John Hobbs

john at velvetcache.org