[olug] DVD Ripping

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 14:23:16 UTC 2008

Thanks for the info.  I'm not too worried about time per disc, though
with so many perhaps I should be.  I'd rather find something that
works well, and saves me from ripping multiple times, even if it takes
longer per rip.

I thought the big advantage of xvid was the small file size.  Xvid
rips are often under 1 gig.  But some of them aren't very good quality
that I can tell.

Depending on how small I get the movies, and how many HDDs I can
afford determines if I end up going RAID 1 or RAID 5.  I'm using over
500 gigs on my gaming rig right now, without a movie collection.

-- T. J.