[olug] Sound Card Problems

Shannon ridgid at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 20:21:12 UTC 2008

have you tried a live cd to verify the onboard card has failed?

have you connected the pc speakers up to something else to make sure
they still work as well?  I would check the wire to make sure it wasnt
pinched.

if you are fairly sure the on board is bad. I would boot into the bios
and disable the on board sound. this might also help with the add in
card.  here you could also use a live CD to see if it is really a
software issue.