[olug] OT: bacon s'getti sauce

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 16:17:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Obi-Wan <obiwan at jedi.com> wrote:

> > Why would you leave steak on the ground?
> >
> > You should cook it and eat it, I probably wouldnt want a steak sitting
> > on the ground. Maybe, but probably not.
>
> I suppose that depends on how long it's been sitting there.  The
> five second rule is flexible, and depends on the initial desirability
> of the food in question.

On a plate, dammit :).  I eat at an actual table maybe twice a year max heh.
 The rest of the time it's my lap/couch, floor/box, or maybe a computer
desk.

The only food I can't leave on the ground is poultry.... which isn't that
surprising.  Cats love their poultry :).  Over the last 6 months to a year,
I've been lazy and giving the kitties water via coffee cup next to the food
dish, so they're curious about every cup left around :(.

I seriously wonder why people give their pets table scraps... it's so nice
to not have to deal with begging and guarding your food.

 -Will