[olug] OT: bacon s'getti sauce

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 15:30:28 UTC 2008

Don't do it!
Heavily off topic, but men and geeks love bacon... and bacon is my favorite
vegetable ( http://dieselsweeties.com/archive.php?s=931 ) ... and everyone
loves my s'getti sauce. <http://dieselsweeties.com/archive.php?s=931>

I substituted 2-3 strips of diced up bacon for salt just before setting the
sauce down to simmer for 2 hours.  The sauce ended up extra bland, extremely
heavy on the stomach (still dealing with it this morning), and *tasted*
slimy although the texture was fine.  And the sauce itself is made up of 4
cans of 28oz tomatoes and 2-3lbs of meat... so 2-3 strips shouldn't have had
*that* much of an impact :(.

Now, bacon wrapped hot dogs do alright.  Here at work I bought a stainless
steel hot dog roller (8-12 dog, $75).  Toothpick some bacon around a hot dog
and throw it on the rollers.  Yum.

-Will