[olug] HPGL viewer?

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Oct 1 02:27:28 UTC 2008

> > On 9/30/08, Obi-Wan <obiwan at jedi.com> wrote:
> >> Anybody know of a free PLT or HPGL viewer for Linux?  I've been
> >> searching most of the afternoon with no luck.  hp2xx is the only
> >> thing I've found that will work at all, and that only barely.
> >> It's designed more for conversion than for viewing.

How about installing this, it's LGPL:
http://hpgs.berlios.de/

Then use this viewer:
     #!/bin/sh
     INFILE=$1
     TEMPFILE=/tmp/viewhpgl.$$
     hpgs -d png_rgp -o $TEMPFILE $INFILE && gwenview $TEMPFILE
     rm -f $TEMPFILE

Just off the top of my head - syntax not confirmed. :-)

It looks like hpgs supports output to a PS format too -- handy if the HPGL
has a lot of vectors in it you don't want to loose.

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal