[olug] Pre-installed Linux machines at BestBuy

Eric P eric.maillist at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 21:03:51 UTC 2008

Wow... I never thought this day would come (to Omaha).

A big box store (BestBuy) stocking pre-installed Linux machines (Asus
EEE PC 900A) on site.  It's even in the Sunday ad for $279.

Who wants to bet the "techie" WoW/BestBuy staff weren't given any
proper training on selling a Linux machine?

Either way I'm excited.  I actually had an email thread w/someone at
BestBuy corporate back in Spring about getting this very machine into
their brick and morter stores.  I just wanted to see one first-hand
before laying down any cash.  I honestly didn't expect anything to
happen as he was pretty cold to my suggestion.  Obviously, I wasn't
the only one prodding!

Eric