[olug] Removing suseswap.img from a Windows partition after a Linux install

Thomas D. Williamson twilliam at inebraska.com
Thu Nov 20 04:14:57 UTC 2008

I just installed openSUSE 11 on a laptop that had a previously
existing partition with Windows in it. I used the net install and it
created a suseswap.img file in the Windows partition. I selected that
option to allow the install to have all of the remaining partition for
Linux installation and use. It appears to have created swap partition
within the drive space for Linux. My question is can the suseswap.img
file be deleted from the Windows partition?

Thanks,

Tom Williamson