[olug] Fedora 10?

Jordan Fox vmifox at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 17:17:28 UTC 2008

You may want to try CentOS, it's basically a remake of RHEL without the
copyrighted/proprietary stuff.  CentOS is completely binary compatible with
the corresponding version of RHEL.  Furthermore, RHEL is the most prevelant
distro in the enterprise.  I'd give it a go.

That said, I've been a kde and kubuntu guy for a few years, and don't care
as much for gnome or red hat/fedora.  Although, my main box is too old for
kde, so I've been using Xfce for a while, xubuntu.  Maybe I'll go even
lighter with fluxbox, fluxbuntu.  I used to run gentoo, but switched to
ubuntu derivatives when I got sick of waiting an hour for firefox (et al) to
compile everytime there was an upgrade - forget KDE, that took over a day.
I guess I mainly don't care for red hat because I haven't used it much and
am not as familiar with it.  They do great things for the community though.
I love all the choice, eventhough it can be overwhelming sometimes:  I know
there's others on this list with the same conundrum, which one do I
choose?!  AAAHHH. ha ha.

Jordan