[olug] OT: security through antiquity

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 03:50:51 UTC 2008

i think it's better to find a balance.

code that's been around for a few days has many more bugs than code that's
been around a few months.

code that's been around for a few months has many more exploits than code
that's been around a few days.

side note:
i put a win98 (FE) on the internet once with no patches or protections. it
was just a standard install. i left the house to go jogging in the park, and
i got back to a desktop full of porn links, and a start menu full of the
same. when i say full, i mean full.       elapsed time: 2hrs.

i would suggest not using legacy OS's. everyone knows how to crack them,
including the zillions of zombie-bots out there.