[olug] Gallery software

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Tue Nov 4 20:36:58 UTC 2008

I've found myself in the market for a web CMS-type gallery application
that will allow a privileged (but non-computer-savvy) content administrator
to create galleries within his site, upload photos, and add text to
individual photos, entire galleries, or the entire site.

My brother in Nashville is a talented trim carpenter and makes wooden
jewelry that he sells.  He wants me to run a simple web page for him
off my home server.  I can handle the software setup, but we both want
him to be in charge of all the content without having to tell me
which changes he wants made.  This will be a smallish site.  I'd
prefer that he be able to maintain it entirely via a web interface
without installing any special software or learning to use SSH/SCP.
He'll be running a Mac and my server will run some Linux flavor, if
it matters.

Any suggestions?  I've never needed to setup something like this
before.  The only CMS I've used for my own stuff is 'vi'.