[olug] samba headache in ubuntu 8.04 laptop

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 04:44:55 UTC 2008

that was the driver, and that sounds like what happened.
great.
some bad code F'd my laptop.

all i know is that i won't have Gb ethernet anymore.
a software glitch that damages your hardware....that's f'n great.

it sounds like any 2.6 distro would have done the same, but i still blame
ubuntu for the smb madness.

this is ridiculous. i'm installing something else. i don't really care what
at this point. if i can't reach my own servers, 10 meters away, then what
good is it?
i give up. life's too short for this noise.