[olug] Getting old & rusty?

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 22:16:56 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Obi-Wan <obiwan at jedi.com> wrote:

> Name                                    Version        Rel
> ed                                      0.2            36.el4_7.1
>  i386

LOL!  Maybe a linkage update from a library change ?

I used ed a couple years ago.  A dial up connection to a remote server was
having severe ssh session locking problems.  I needed to edit some files but
any full screen editor caused too much burst traffic, locking the session...
and ed fit the bill nicely :).

For the record, it was an MTU problem.  Dropping the MTU on remote server
from 1500 to 596 did wonders.  I've also had similar problems with DSL and
other systems needing 1490 etc :)

-Will