[olug] Ubuntu 8.10 RC X.Org Resolution problems

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 05:21:40 UTC 2008

If you install the linux kernel sources, then all you need to do is
run the nvidia installer from nvidia's website, and it will make a
module for whatever kernel you are running.  That isn't nvidia's
problem, but rather just the way the linux kernel works.  Each modules
needs to be compiled against that exact version of the kernel, or it
won't load.

-- T. J.