[olug] To Sudo or Not to Sudo, That is the Question

Jay Woods woodsjay at cox.net
Sat Nov 1 06:35:10 UTC 2008

In 1964, I hosed a 360/67 using the West Virginia multitasking system (MFT)
several times. I had 5 jobs stacked in the system to run over the weekend,
each with a bad job card that overwrote chunks of the operating system. It
brought the system down each time it was started up and began running jobs.
The sys admins after a day or so, finally caught on it was my stuff, flushed
them out of the system, and were not pleased with me.