[olug] Approving previously declined SSL certs in FF

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu May 29 14:04:23 UTC 2008

Try this:

Go to the Preferences menu, choose the "Advanced" icon, then choose the
"Encryption" tab.  Now, click on the "Authorities" tab, and find the "Thawte
Server CA" entry and click the "Edit..." button.

If you find it, can you check/uncheck the trust settings for this server?

If you can't find it, you might see if you can import the certificate file
(I believe you can click on the padlock icon at the bottom of the browser
windowframe and use the "View Certificate", then "Details" to export the
certificate file it presented your browser.

Dan

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Dave Thacker <dthacker9 at cox.net> wrote:

> New job.  New Tools.  New Fun.
> I'm using Citrix Access Platform's Linux Client via FF 2.x.   I've been
> able
> to login to Citrix just fine, but when I try to use an application I get
> this
> error:
> You have not chosen to trust "Thawte Server CA", the issuer of the servers
> security certificate"  SSL Error 61.
>
> I don't remember ever being prompted to accept a certificate, so how do I
> get
> FF to re-prompt me?
>
> Dave Thacker

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)