[olug] DDOS attack on my Inbox. Spam "from me" being rejected

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Fri May 16 18:00:13 UTC 2008

Dave Thacker wrote:
> SPF, as mentioned below.  Hint:  I have SPF records in DNS at work for our
> marketing contractors. (1)

SPF mostly does what it is designed to do, but it should be used with
care, especially if you are considering the use of SPF to block email
messages that fail SPF checks.

At work I frequently have to add domains to our email server's white
list due to:
 a) the sender has broken SPF records
 b) the sender didn't consider a specific usage case (ie some sales dude
    signs up for salesforce.com)
 c) many more I can't think of at the moment

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us