[olug] DDOS attack on my Inbox. Spam "from me" being rejected

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Thu May 15 17:30:11 UTC 2008

Generally, you're fux0red.

I've had my gmail account get tens of thousands of bounced messages,
being spam returns.

Basically, you just got unlucky in that a spam bot decided to use your
domain/email address as the from/replyto.

Also -- recently -- there has been a rash of spam crafted as bounced
messages, so that you're lured to read it anyway heh.

As suggested, check to make sure your box is indeed not sending out
the spam... look at the bounced messages for all the 'received from
blah blah blah' etc, look at your own mail queue and loadavg, etc.
Other than that, you've gotta weather the storm.

-Will