[olug] [OT] - Google positions filled in Coucil Bluffs?

Kevin Hinze kevinhinze at gmail.com
Wed May 14 15:20:14 UTC 2008

That article is quite dated. I have not seen or heard of any Google
expansion into Minnesota, aside from this year old speculative
article.
As for positions filled to date, I do personally know several people
from the area who have accepted positions at the new CB data center.

http://www.google.com/datacenter/councilbluffs/
This says that the new facility won't be fully staffed until sometime next year.

http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/topic.py?dep_id=1065&loc_id=11651
Looks like Facilities Technicians are needed now.
Never heard of a Hardware Admin, but they were actively looking for
Data Center Technicians up until recently. I'm sure they're not done
hiring for the new facility just yet. ;)

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Brian Roberson <roberson at olug.org> wrote:

>  So I take it you work for Google? I see from your cell # you are in
>  Minneapolis? Can you answer my question about any positions filled to
>  date?
>  Care to share your input about this article:
>
>  http://www.technologyevangelist.com/2007/06/google_opening_minne.html
>

>  > http://www.google.com/datacenter/councilbluffs/jobs.html
>  >
>  > I would be more than happy to accept all application from OLUG'rs.
>  > Linux User Grourps for the win :)
>  >
>  > We have a few computers that run Linux that we kinda need to keep up...
>  >
>  > On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Brian Roberson <roberson at olug.org>
>  > wrote:
>  >
>  >> So.... does anyone know who filled the Hardware Admin/Engineer positions
>  >> over
>  >> in Iowa? Or any other positions? I am curious to see how many "Nebraska
>  >> and
>  >> Iowa" people will benefit from their presence.  Or if the slots were
>  >> filled
>  >> by someone moving here just for the job.
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> OLUG mailing list
>  >> OLUG at olug.org
>  >>
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > Spencer Butler    ::      HWOps \/\/arrior
>  > 612.251.8073      ::      Council Bluffs, IA
>  > OLUG mailing list
>  > OLUG at olug.org
>  >

Kevin Hinze