[olug] A TCP/IP mystery

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Wed Mar 12 23:15:59 UTC 2008

We have a process at work that sends data from a windows machine (owned by
vendor S) through an encrypted TCP tunnel to a linux machine.   The lash up
is not performing well and finger-pointing abounds.   Currently, Vendor S is
telling us that the Linux machine is "blocking" when they attempt to send a
large volume of transactions to it.

I'm not seeing errors in the the stunnel log, nor am I showing errors in the
basic ifconfig command.  This is an SLES 10 box, so I have the usual array of
linux implements available, and I've installed iptraf.   If I was to start
monitoring with those tools. what would a "block" look like?

TIA
Dave