[olug] sendmail help again (ugh)

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Mar 12 20:09:21 UTC 2008

Zombie processes?

Processes doing a lot of spin-lock waiting for a non-existent file? (though
normally that chews up some CPU time, too.)

All these numbers "should" mean is that there are 22 processes waiting for
the CPU average over the past 1/5/15 minute periods.

I suppose it's always a bug somewhere (libraries, "top", CPU counters, etc)
that is causing it -- is a reboot possible?

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal