[olug] EeePC, 4G w/Webcam

Sam Tetherow tetherow at shwisp.net
Tue Mar 11 21:34:15 UTC 2008

On a related note, I'm in need of a new laptop and I'm trying to figure
out what route to go...  I really only use my laptop when I travel and
some out in the field to connect to routers and access points for
network maintenance.  I doesn't have to be some monster with a big
screen or a screaming processor.  As it will most be used for ssh,
firefox and thunderbird.

I thought about the eeepc, but the screen size is a bit too small for
what I need and I would like to be able to run windows upon occassion as
well.

However, I have been thinking recently about getting a used macbook.
I've never owned a mac before but they seem pretty popular with the tech
crowd.  I would appreciate feedback from those who own(ed) one.  What is
great about them, in comparison to a decent linux laptop running
something like ubuntu or another modern distro.  Especially when I have
to justify the cost compared to a similar non-mac laptop.

	Sam Tetherow
	Sandhills Wireless