[olug] Myth TV / Cox Digital Box questions etc

Benjamin Watson bwatson1979 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 23:22:03 UTC 2008

To mitigate the storage issue, my buddy and I had thought of the
following concept.

Now, this concept probably isn't new, as I heard TiVo was thinking about it.

Anyhow, say a group of friends (or members of a list) use Myth at
home.  They individually amass a small collection of media (e.g.
ripped DVDs, recorded programs, music, photos, etc.).  Let's say you
missed a program you really wanted to see but weren't home to view it
and forgot to setup a schedule to record it.  Wouldn't it be nice to
be able to search other Myth setups in your area to view what you
missed?  Even if you couldn't search, just knowing that "Bob Smith"
records every Family Guy episode (perhaps via a wiki with contact info
and connection instructions) would be good enough.

I know this whole communal concept has legal/political/ToS
ramifications (e.g. RIAA, MPAA, COX), but it would be awesome.