[olug] Ubuntu Hardy Heron disk

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Mon Jun 30 14:06:38 UTC 2008

Can't help you on the location requirement...did you run through the CD
check just before installing?  I've had a flakey CD-ROM drive that would
burn a CD but not read it reliably.  When it did check reliably, if I
immediately ran the install it seemed to work.  My only guess is that
something was loose in the drive, but I didn't mess with diagnosing that -
just replaced it ASAP and didn't look back.

Dan

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Don Kauffman <dekauff at cox.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have an Installation CD for Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) on
> good media that lives in the neighbor hood of 30th  and Dodge or
> thereabouts?
>
> My attempted upgrade went flaky.
>
> Then I tried to reinstall but the install complains about the cd that I
> created.  Of course it doesn't hit that until after it has copied over
> all the files for installing.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Don K.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac Asimov (Author)