[olug] Myth TV / Cox Digital Box questions etc

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 19:04:39 UTC 2008

One last question for now concerning Myth or generic Linux video stuffs.

Reading through Mythbuntu docs, they suggest an nvidia based card.

My monitor at home died recently so I've been hooking my XP machine up
to my 42" LCD TV via a DVI->HDMI cable.  On an ATI9550, support is
kinda flakey... if I get the video mode set just right, it looks
great, otherwise it appears the TV is having to process the signal
into something it likes.  However, on an ATI x1950 -- it looks great
no matter what resolution I set the computer for -- apparently the
card is doing the translation and spitting out data as the TV wants
it.

Similarly, are there any suggestions for a linux nvidia card to hook
to a TV via DVI ? Primary concerns would be Myth goodness... as I
doubt anything '3D' I would be playing would be slow on even a 4
generation old card.

-Will