[olug] Cox DVR questions...

Mr Scsi mrscsi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 18:05:35 UTC 2008

on my box, (I have one of the very first gens) all the ports were disabled
as well save 1 firewire port.
I was able to use some comcast software to view the filesystem and recorded
content.
But, when I unpluged the firewire, the dvr rebooted and stopped functioning.

I called their 'support' line and finally got to someone to help me diagnose
the problem.
His question to me "Did you by chance plug in something to the firewire
port?"

I had to take it in to the store and swap it out for another. Before you
ask, of course I plugged that one in to the firewire card :), no dice, it
was disabled.

I have since dumped the cox dvr and build a myth box with a pvr-150 in this
barebonz:

http://www.onsale.com/shop/detail.aspx?dpno=7506947&store=onsale&source=BWBGoogleBase&wt.mc_id=BWBGoogleBase

I don't plan on looking back.