[olug] Cox DVR questions...

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 16:35:41 UTC 2008

> I see it has Ethernet, USB, and FireWire -- are any of these ports active on
> the units or do they need something from Cox to activate them?

On my DVR they are disabled.  I've never inquired  to have them activated.

My Cox DVR's hdd has been failing for ... a year now or so, but I
don't have the time to sit down with a customer service person to step
through diagnostics and eventual RMA of the box.  Seriously debating
TIVO with some cable cards from cox, or similar.

Side note, 42" LCD TV with DVI->HDMI cable is very pretty when hooked
to a computer :).  If there were Cox-friendly digital tuner stuffs
available, I'd undoubtedly build my own PVR :).

-Will