[olug] Anyone using monowall in a commercial setting?

Ryan Stille ryan at cfwebtools.com
Tue Jun 24 16:08:08 UTC 2008

Jay Swackhamer wrote:
> I have been using the Vyatta router distro for a couple of years now,
> no issues that weren't hardware based.
>
> Its been running on a Compaq DL360, booted from a CD(The internal SCSI
> controller is dead, no HD), config stored on a floppy that's ejected
> after boot.

I'm reading through the QuickStart, and it looks like most of the
configuration and management is done through a CLI and text files?   Is
that true or can you also configure everything through a web interface?

Part of the reason we are considering moving away from Cisco is to get
away from having only one person that can manage the equipment.
Monowall, with its web based interface, would probably be much more user
friendly.  I was pretty interested in Vyatta until I read the QuickStart
and saw no mention of web-based administration at all.

-Ryan