[olug] Keyboard locks up in Kubuntu 8.04 (similar to losing mouse on Debian?)

Jennifer Frasier wookieburgers at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 22:34:37 UTC 2008

Is this helpful?
My recollection was that by holding the shift and CNTL keys down, Kubuntu
thought that I was requesting so called "slow keys". Even without the
keyboard, I was able to open the system settings then Accessibility, and
shut down "slow keys". The keyboard came back immediately.

If not how about this?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/184078

On the issue of your machine being slow, the first one makes more sense, but
since logging out corrects it, you may want to look at the second one.

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Joe Gulizia <jrguliz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> My keyboard locks up on occasion.  I'm using Kubuntu 8.04 on a Sony Viao
> PCV-RS430G machine with a Intel P4 2.80C GHz hyper-threading processor with
> 1.24 GB of RAM.  If I log-off, then I can correct the problem.
>
> Any fixes short of that...there are times when the machine is slow to
> respond also.  It depends on what applications I have open or if a website
> has lots of video or intense graphics.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

"Droll thing life is - that mysterious arrangement of merciless logic for a
futile purpose. The most you can hope from it is some knowledge of yourself
- that comes too late - a crop of unextinguishable regrets."
- Joseph Conrad from Heart of Darkness