[olug] Print monitoring

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 15:02:01 UTC 2008

In talking with my collegue I found out the following:

They have a five story building with one CentOS 5.0 Linux Print Server for each floor.  All of the machines except for the print servers are running Windows XP.

They have a given range of static IP addresses (roughly 244 IP addresses).

They would like to be able to set quotas on the number of pages that can be printed on each individual machine in a given time period (one day, one week, etc.).  Some machines would have different parameters (Machine 3 on the first floor  -- quota of 20 pages per day,  Machine 2 on the fourth floor  -- quota of 150 pages per week, Machine 7 on the first floor  -- quota of 200 pages per week, etc.)

Also they would like to be able to get (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly) reports of print usage on each machine.

Thanks in advance
Joe Gulizia