[olug] MythTV and firewire control of Cox digital cable tuner

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Mon Jul 28 15:30:01 UTC 2008

Has anyone played with this setup?  My MythTV system has a fire-wire port
but no tuner.  I'd like to play with the FireWire control of the Cox cable
box so it can start capturing shows.  (And thankfully the FCC seems to be on
our side: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/FireWire#FCC_regulations)

Anyone have any experience setting this up here in Omaha on the Cox
network?  Pros / Cons?

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal