[olug] Motherboard issues

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Mon Jul 28 14:06:46 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 11:05 PM, Travis Owens <openbook1441 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ and would like to
> use the processor, ram, video card I currently have, since I can not afford
> to upgrade all of them to current technology. I would like to try locally
> first, since it's a much easier/faster arrangement.

I've had good luck with ASUS and MSI -- my only bad ASUS board was one that
was installed with a bum set of capacitors (i.e. the bulging cap problem).
But I bought both of these via NewEgg -- don't know who sells them locally.
I have purchased some Gigabyte MBDs for friends/family from DIT and haven't
had any issues reported to me.

Sorry, nothing "spare" sitting around to sell though.  Try CraigsList?

Dan
--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal