[olug] Any Jabber Admins out there?

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Mon Jul 28 13:30:20 UTC 2008

So, I am on this whole connected life kick (accounts on all major IM
networks, IRC 24x7, starting to twitter) and I ran across Jabber, well,
reminded about it at least :) - Does anyone have experience to share on
server selection, and gotcha's on administration? I am leaning towards
OpenFire due to ease of management. I'd like to set it up for the
olug.org domain and tie it into an existing user database if possible.

My IM client of preference is (of course) pidgin.... or Audium on OSX if
I had one but I gave up on my G4 in favor of a cheap Core2Duo homebuilt.

In any event, I am looking for feedback on any of the Jabber servers if
you have it!