[olug] issues w/ skype, wine, WoW

Jennifer Frasier wookieburgers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 00:54:43 UTC 2008

As it turns out, running the static oss version, I was able to run WoW and
get sound while using skype, once I removed "padsp" from the WoW shell
script. My WoW priest has to run it the other way around, with padsp before
WoW and not before skype. Don't know why it works the opposite for me.The
only problem was I couldn't hear skype ringing and couldn't change my
settings to get it to ring. Anyway, after I found out the static oss version
ran mostly correctly that way, I changed all my sound settings back to
autodetect and was able to make a successful test call using the normal
version of skype while running WoW with sound. So, I had it right to begin
with except for the confusion about where to put padsp.