[olug] [ot] Sudden wireless problems with a MacBook Pro

Sam Tetherow tetherow at shwisp.net
Tue Jul 22 15:35:32 UTC 2008

I would invest in a voltage regulated UPS and see if that fixes the
problem.  If that doesn't work and you don't need N speed, I would
suggest getting something like a Mikrotik Routerboard such as the
Crossroads.  It will run you about $160 with case, power and an antenna,
but if you are replacing equipment that often it should pay for itself
soon enough.
Usage should not be your problem, crappy power or heat are what will
kill the equipment.

    Sam Tetherow
    Sandhills Wireless