[olug] [ot] Sudden wireless problems with a MacBook Pro

Shawn Mattingly smattin at mimezine.org
Fri Jul 18 11:23:31 UTC 2008

The interfering source also may not be another wifi device...Bluetooth
devices, some newer baby monitors, some cordless phones and microwaves
all radiate in the 2.4GHz ISM band that wifi uses.  Your neighbor may
have gotten a cordless phone or had a baby and could be unknowingly
affecting your wifi connectivity.  You would need a spectrum analyzer to
prove this conclusively.

Shawn